11/20/2014

Another Trip To The Vet's by Chessie

 Sorry I haven’t written in awhile Frankie, but I’ve been a ‘little under the weather’ – that’s a Mom-ism that I do not understand at all.  How can I be under the weather: it’s all around us?

 Anyway, Mom had to take me to the Vet a couple of days ago ‘cause I had a very swollen lower lip.  Really swollen; she said I looked like some guy called Gene Simmons – whoever that is, but I guess he too has a big lower lip and sticks his tongue out all the time.  How rude!!  Oh, wait... that’s what I was doing too.


 The Vet is a really nice man, who calls me by my name, and is very gentle when handling me during an examination.  I really wasn’t feeling well and got quite grumpy and growled at him and the nurse – I know, not nice, but I am allowed when I don’t feel well and they poke and prod at me.  I’ve been sleeping a lot, which is why I haven’t felt like writing to you... so they ran some tests, which meant sticking me with a needle to draw some blood – ‘me-ouch!’  That made me mad!  All the folks at the hospital know me ‘cause I’ve been going there for years, since we moved here: they all think I’m cute and cuddly – well they saw a different side to my personality when they poked and prodded me.  That hurts!  I just wanted to be left alone, but that wasn’t about to happen.


 The Vet and my Mom discussed me while the nurse held me close in her arms and I grunted at the indignity of it all.  Eventually, he left but came back with TWO huge sharp sticks and stuck me in the rump with some medicines.  Dang did that sting!  Mom brought me home and I curled up in my comfy chair to sleep.  I’m feeling just a little perkier, but my lip still is a little swollen.  I’m trying not to lick my lips, and I hide my face in Mom’s lap ‘cause I don’t want to go back to the Vet and have him poke and prod me anymore.


 Feeling sleepy again, Chessie

No comments:

Post a Comment