11/24/2014

Holiday's by Chessie

Hey, Frankster,

 This is probably your first experience with the time of year humans call ‘the holidays.’

 Well, since I’ve been around for quite a few years now – just recently celebrated my eleventh birthday! - I have seen these celebrations and wondered a lot about the thing called turkey.  It tastes good and smells wonderful when Mom cooks it, but they are big, ugly looking birds, and they can’t fly like the little wrens and sparrows in our yards.  They waddle on the ground.


 The other morning Mom had on that big square box that makes noise with moving images on it = TV, its called.  I was asleep in a cozy chair in her office while she worked.  Suddenly, the TV noise stopped... all was quiet for a moment and then there started this sound: ‘gobble, gobble, gobble.’  And I looked up at the TV and there were all these big, black birds, wild turkey, running through the Texas sage making these funny noises: ‘gobble, gobble, gobble.’


 I jumped down to the floor and sat in front of the TV very close to the picture and watched carefully as these birds ran around making a silly little gobble noises jumping and crashing into each other, it was mayhem.  When it was over, I still sat, hoping the birds would come back and play again, but when they didn’t I looked at Mom trying to ask her to make that happen: let me see these silly birds again.  Mom said if I was a good kitty maybe I could have a special turkey treat for supper... and then she did the strangest thing!  Mom said to me ‘gobble, gobble!’  and laughed.


 I’m confused, so I think I’ll take a nap and think on it for a while.

 Happy Turkey Day! Chessie

No comments:

Post a Comment