10/04/2014

My Manicure by Chessie

G’day Frankie!

 I have something more to add on the subject of grooming we've been talking about... I just got back from visiting the lady who trims my nails – I pretend not to like this ritual, but it does feel so much better when my nails get cut and no longer catch on the carpet or the upholstery on my comfy chair.  Chewing them off isn’t very easy, and it still leaves sharp, ragged edges.


 It has been a test of wills between Mom and me over the years – she is afraid of clipping too close to the nail bed, and that’s what I am afraid of  too – ouch!  Mom holds me close, but I squirm and wiggle and it just doesn’t go well... we’re both always a little nervous so, instead she takes me to the trimmer.


 It only takes a very few minutes and its done!  The lady is not afraid of me, she tells me I’m beautiful – of course I am – and while another lady stays close and keeps me distracted with a feather toy thingy – it’s done.  It takes longer for her to tie a silly animal print kerchief around my neck than to trim my nails!  Silly, but I do look pretty, and my nails do look and feel so much better.


Chessie

No comments:

Post a Comment