10/15/2014

Toaster Treats by Chessie

Hey, Frankie –

 Remember the other week, when I was telling you about my special treat – a lick of melted butter in the morning… well, I forgot to tell you how I know about that yummy taste.  My Mom puts her breakfast food in a small white box on the kitchen counter and pushes down a lever thingy and then waits for it to get hot and toasty brown, and then wow - it pops up!  Then she rubs cold butter on it – toast she calls it – with ‘my’ knife, and then it melts into all the little nooks.  Some of it stays on the knife – and that’s my treat.


 But sometimes my Mom plays a trick on me and she’ll use the small white box during the day, but when the toast pops up – she puts cheese on it.  It melts too, but I can’t have any of that – ‘cause, she says it’s wouldn’t be good for my girlish figure.  I don’t know what a girlish figure is – do you?  I don’t think I have one… but I’ll keep looking for it, ‘cause that melted cheese smells de-vine!  I’d like to try it sometime.


 Just between you and me Frankie, I’ve checked out that small white box on the counter at night, when it’s dark in the kitchen, and Mom’s asleep.  I can’t figure out how it makes food hot and toasty brown… but I’ll still come a runnin’ whenever I hear it go ‘pop’ – ‘cause I might just get a lick of melted butter, or even better – melted cheese.


Chessie

No comments:

Post a Comment