10/03/2014

Personal Grooming by Frankie

Hiya Chessie,

 My favorite isn't to be brushed but to be scratched. Mommy has a nice brush for me (it was an extra of mom-mom's, but she wasn't using it). I more prefer someone to use their hands and nails to scratch, then to rub me back and forth down my back. If I really like how they are doing it, I will roll over to my side and let them continue. I'll stretch out with my front and back legs then arch my back to get a better position. Mommy laughs and rubs me more and reaches up to my head and ears to massage then scratch me there. Hummm... I really love that.

 I purr just about the whole time cause it feels sooo good. I do drool sometimes, just when I get scratched on my neck and chin. When that happens mommy laughs again and rubs it back into my fur. I can pretty much request being scratched anytime I want. Little by little I'm learning these things. Since I was out on my own (running wild on the streets) it's been a bit hard to believe that someone would want to take care of me and not hurt me. Sometimes it gets to much when mommy snuggles me, I freak out and scratch her then run, cause I think she'll hurt me. She doesn't get mad though, she says "I'm not happy with that", but she lets me come slowly back and rub up on her leg to say 'I'm sorry'.


 Speaking of claws, I'm not at all happy about how mine get trimmed. Mommy will hold me like a baby, on my back, while she uses her hands to hold my paws. Then mom-mom will snip them with nail clippers or small super-sharp scissors. It only takes a couple of minutes but I don't care for all the drama. What's wrong with my nails? They grow long and pointy and make nice scratching noises when I sharpen them on the back of the couch. Of course that's when mommy yells "stop that!" or "NO!".


 Oh well, I'll try to understand all these rules some other day. It's time for a nice nap after all that drama. Talk to ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment