8/10/2014

Lazy Summer & Bugs by Chessie

Hi Frankie! 

   Meow – wow!  Just saw your first blog post!  Cool!  Now I can keep up on what’s happenin’ with you, from here at the Delaware shore.

   I’ve fallen into the lazy days of summer – sleeping in my favorite chair ‘cause my Mom seems to have had a lull in beach visitors, which is too bad ‘cause I really like people to come see me.  I’m not much of a critter cat – those others – as I call them.  My home, my Mom! I never learned to play well with the others I like being an ‘only’ cat.

   It’s been warm here, so we’ve had lot’s of beach people and they all seem to like to play with me and laugh when I bring them toy mice to toss so I can fetch them back.  But everyone left when it got rainy - finally the rain has stopped for a few days.  Maybe they’ll come back now!  Now we just have a massive crop of big ol’ black flies shooting into the house whenever Mom opens the door but, never fear Chessie’s here!  I can stalk them and patiently hunt them until they land and then pounce on them, and catch them with my paws.  I don’t eat them though – yeech! – they tickle inside my tummy and it makes me sick, so I just call – “Ma-ow”  and she comes and tells me how I am a great huntress and takes them away... where they go, I do not know.

   My Mom doesn’t like spiders and this year we have quite a few that keep appearing in the sun room.  Big ones – about the size of the lid of one of my can food cans!  I don’t think they would taste good and they run quite fast so if I try to put my paw on them when I spot one running across the floor they are really hard to catch.  I make little noises until Mom realizes I’m stalking another spider and she saves the day – for both of us!


   Uh oh... I just heard Mom rattling dishes for supper... gotta go!  Stay in touch, Frankie – super to know what’s going on with you in your home!

Chessie

No comments:

Post a Comment