8/05/2014

My New Home by Frankie

Hi,  This is Frankie...

   Sorry I haven't emailed you both sooner, but my new mommy has been busy trying to teach me as much as she can while I'm still young (whatever that means). It's been a bit hard at first, what with all the "No", "Ouch!", and "Stop". I guess I just like the thrill of the hunt, and maybe a little taste of blood. But I'm just a kitten and I am still learning the right and wrong way to play. But I digress...

   When I first arrived at my new home I was a bit scared. So many new things to see, sniff and investigate. My mommy took me into each room and pointed out hiding places and different things to look at or play with. It's a nice house and has plenty of room for me to run around in. Not to mention the full length glass front and back doors. If I look out front, I get to watch people walk with their kids and dogs. Or I can see out back, all the birds and squirrels eating from the feeders and running around in the grass.

   I have so many toys I don't know what to do with. Mommy has to pick them up every morning and put them in my box. I like to dump it over and play with all of them at night, while everyone is asleep. When she started to pick them up, I thought I was in trouble, but she says it's OK and calls me her "Good Boy". And I REALLY don't like the vacuum cleaner, it's scary & noisy. I ran into my moms room and hid for a while, then took a nap.

   Food was an issue for me the first week. Anything mommy gave me, I would scarf down as fast as I could and as much as I could. So she would only give me a few bites at a time while feeding me, so I'd slow down. After a few days I understood I could have food anytime I needed it. Now, I not only get crunchy food, but I get my new favorite, canned. YUMMY! Mommy says the "Science Diet" will make me healthy and strong like her other kitties. They lived for like 16 & 18 years, and one was 22 years old.

   Well, I gotta go, it's play time for me. I'll send more letters later about what I'm doing and how things are going. Next time I'll tell you about my Dr's visit at the Vet's office. Mommy says I need to get "Neutered" soon. I'm not sure what that is, but I don't think it's a good thing.

Love,
FRANKIE

No comments:

Post a Comment