8/13/2014

A Visitor & The Garden by Chessie

Frankie,

   Now that it is summer in the garden there are lots of butterflies and hummingbirds flitting through my yard.  They fascinate me because they are so colorful and move so quickly among the pretty bright flowers.  I can sit in the window and watch them for hours. Several times this year the hummers have come close to the window and we briefly stare at each other, I couldn’t catch them they move too quickly – and besides, they are so pretty!  And sometimes I can even hear the whirl of noise from their wings flapping.



   I am a little worried however – something’s going on in my sunny room – where I watch all the birds and squirrels in the yard.  There are lots of windows so I can go from window-to-window and watch all the critters outside.  But Mom has been pushing furniture around in there and then a couple of days ago a man with four legs arrived and came to sit in the room for a while.  He had a big, black boot on one foot, and a pair of aluminum sticks that he used as extra legs – he called them crutches.  I was quite interested to see how he moved on these extra feet, but Mom shooed me away saying she didn’t want me to trip him – whatever that means.

   Anyway, when he sat down I checked out his booted foot = pretty cool, but no shoe on that foot.  I like shoes they have wonderful smells and I like to lay on them.  The metal sticks, were leaned against a chair, so I went to investigate them.  Very odd, cold metal with little rubber thingys on the ends.  Not very interesting – I got bored and walked away.


   I sat watching what was going on, especially when a long metal toy came out and they started sticking it in one corner of the room and pulling it all the way across the floor.  After a minute, they’d do it in another place on the floor, but I got yelled at when I leapt upon it as it was retracted back into the man’s hand real fast – its not nice to tease me with toys, and then stop me from playing with them. Then they went outside and fiddled around the windows and walls with that same gizmo – I watched from the windows inside!  Mom handed it back to the man and called it a measuring tape.  Wonder what’s up with that?  Think I’ll take a nap and think on that question for a while.

   It is lovely and coolish here at the beach, so Mom has opened the windows and I can smell the flowers in the garden and watch the critters through the screens.

Hope you had a great weekend!

Chessie

No comments:

Post a Comment