8/16/2014

Name Game by Chessie

Great Day Frankie!

   Now, you asked me about my name ‘Chessie.’  Well, when I came to live with Mom, she was living in someplace called Florida, which was nice because it was always warm there.  And I was only four months old – I was called an American Shorthair, Exotic Blue Tabby – and my fur was bluish gray, with little raccoon-like ringlets on my tail.  So my Mom brought me home as a surprise for her Dad, who lived with her.  And he wasn’t sure he wanted a kitten (he thought he was a dawg person!).  My Mom said to him "you name her" and left us alone to get to know each other – smart Mom!

   My ‘grampa’ was a lifelong railroad man – I don’t know what a railroad is, but trains and stuff about trains were all over the house, and I was seriously warned against ever playing with any of it... and I decided that their tone of voice meant = don’t even think about it!  So we talked and played with each other, ‘grampa’ and me, until I got bored and fell asleep on his desk.  It didn’t take long and he decided I was cute and I could stay because I looked just like the CSX Railroad kitty that was the mascot for that rail line.  I didn’t understand what that met, but everyone who met me remarked that yes, I looked just like that CSX cat – whose name was Chessie.  So that’s how I got my name.  I liked it right way; it was classy and no other cat that I had ever met had that name, so I was special.  Of course I am.


I’m tired, I need to go take a nap... meow for now, Chessie

No comments:

Post a Comment