8/07/2014

Congrats! by Chessie

Meow, back at you, Frankie:

   This is Chessie, who lives with my mom, Jan, who found you in our kitchen garden.  It sounds like you have landed in the sweet spot of a wonderful, loving family.  I’m so glad for you and them; as I am more mature in years and just a bit territorial, so I don’t play well with others of the furry ‘purr’suation... I love people, just not other kitties.  So it was at my behest she was hoping to find you a new forever home.

   It sounds like you are training your humans as they have brought you many trinkets and toys and you can pick and choose which you will play with and hide each day – making them reorder them all into a box so you can dump and search out your favorite, then you hide it again.  Sometimes I hide a toy, to enjoy later – I have received so many from ‘my cousin’ Liz, and then it will reappear = out from under a piece of furniture... so I have to keep re-hiding it.  Keeps my mom busy.

   It’s fun to look out the windows at all the other critters isn’t it?  I like the deer the best, ‘cause they are quiet. But, I’ve learned how hot and cold it can be outside, from those days when my mom was trying to socialize that cat she named Phanny and she had the kitchen door open a lot – I ‘purr’fer living inside in this nice temperature controlled environment.

   Bye the way, I eat Science Diet too, ‘cause I have a delicate digestive system, and I like the food, it tastes good; but sometimes, just for fun, I will stare at the dish when mom serves it , then I just look up at mom, and get up and walk away.  Drives her crazy, but she knows that deep down I’m really in charge of the house, and she lives here to cater to my whims.  I know you are just a youngster, but a word of warning = don’t bite the hand that feeds you!  It is just not done – besides you can always get your way with a sweet purr and a nice tail wrap around a leg.  I heard my mom tell someone that you did both while you stayed here, so Frankie, practice that and you’ll have them eating out of your paw, as they say.

   Oh, and one more thing: when I hear the vacuum – I sometimes climb up on top of the kitchen cabinets, where no one can reach me!  I can watch the world from up there, but often no one can see me, unless I let them... just saying, it’s a thought.  Just don’t let on that I told you that.

   Well, gotta go for now, do write again and keep me posted on what’s up with you and your new family.  So glad that you found some loving folks that you can train and be entertained by their human antics too.

Happy tails...er trails, Chessie




No comments:

Post a Comment