8/11/2014

The Hunt For Bugs by Frankie

Chessie,

   Your kind of summer sounds awesome. I don't have a favorite chair or spot yet, I just sit or sleep wherever I feel like. My mom-mom's bed is comfy for afternoon naps though. It has a big & thick comforter that I just snuggle down into. As mommy cleans or is online during the day, she checks on me to see how I'm doing. We don't get people coming over except repairmen so far. Maybe later for the holidays. It may seem a bit boring to some, but it's nice and quiet, I like it that way.


   As for 'the hunt', I was stalking a fly a few days ago. I almost had it when mommy came in the kitchen and saw me on the counter by the sink. The fly was in the window trying to get outside. Apparently I'm not allowed on the counters, something about dirty feet and mommy just cleaning it. I got down but still followed the fly from the floor while mommy got the fly-swatter. She smacked at it and it disappeared somewhere. Neither one of us could find it anywhere. Oh well, so much for my first kill.


   I now know a new house rule... Don't eat a bug before mommy sees what kind it is. The day after the fly incident I found a different kind of bug. It was just walking around on mommy's bedroom floor. I pounced on it just as mommy saw me stalking it. She asked what do I have, and I thought she was going to take it away from me, so I ate it. Turns out it was a little beetle bug. Not very tasty but I didn't have time to savor the flavor. Mommy said all bugs are to go outside, not be eaten. Where's the fun in that? That's OK though, mom-mom told me she'd let me eat any bug I want as long as I keep them away from her.


   Hhmmm, I think I'm in the mood for another. Talk to ya later.


FRANKIE



No comments:

Post a Comment