8/29/2014

Newspaper Play by Chessie

Frankie!

   I just saw your post about the crumpled newspaper balls! LOVED the pictures of you: master of the mess!!  Wow, your Mom must have laughed so hard... before she realized you weren’t going to help clean it up, uh oh.

   Well, I have another game I like to play with newspapers – and it is a little neater too.  When my Mom reads the newspaper she drops sections on the floor and sometimes they tent up in the air a little bit at the fold.  I wait until that happens and then, when Mom isn’t paying any attention – I slip under the newspaper fold.  I can usually get my whole body all the way under so its just my tail sticking out – and its dark and quiet and I can nap there for a while.  Of course my Mom thinks its funny and sometimes she’ll ‘catch’ my tail as I wag it gently back and forth.  That’s an invite for me to go running out from under the newspaper, throwing it off my back as I go running out of the room in one real fast lap through the house and then back again – jumping up on the ottoman where Mom rests her feet when she’s reading.

   Really, really fun – and sometimes she plays the game again with me – but this time she’ll drop the newspaper over my head when I’m resting on her ottoman.  My Mom is such a character – she also likes to play ‘peek a boo’ with me, using the edge of the newspaper just raising it a bit to ‘find’ me!   

   Fun, fun!  I’m going for a nap now... all this talk about running around the house has tired me out,  Chessie

No comments:

Post a Comment