8/30/2014

Paper Bag Games by Chessie

Hey Frankie,

   I just remembered another fun game I get to play sometimes with my Mom - its with brown paper bags.  Most of the groceries and stuff that she brings into the house come in some flimsy material she calls plastic.  But she won’t let me play with those bags ‘cause she says they are dangerous for kitties, so she takes them away from me if I go snooping in them for the interesting smells inside.  But sometimes Mom brings home big, heavy brown paper bags – my kitty food comes from a store that only uses paper – so it has wonderful smells of all kinds of toys and food and other goodies for furry critters like us.

   Anyway, when Mom is finished unpacking my kitty food she tips the paper bag on its side, on the kitchen island where I eat breakfast, and lets me climb inside.  Then Mom teases me on the outside of the bag making little scratchy noises with her fingers running all around it like a scurrying little mouse.  After a couple of minutes of me chasing the noise I stop and wait to pounce... that’s when Mom slowly picks the bag up and lifts me in the air, then gently puts me down on the floor so that the bag is upright.  That’s when I get to tip the bag over and shoot out of it dashing around the house and then I come running back to the kitchen and dive back into the bag, which usually causes it to go sliding across the floor propelled by me jumping inside.  That always makes my Mom laugh!  When I make my Mom laugh – that makes me happy!

Chessie

No comments:

Post a Comment