8/22/2014

About Mommies by Chessie

Frankie,

   Now take this advice from someone older, and with much more experience than the youngster kitty you are:   You’ll learn as you get a bit older.  You do not want to scratch anyone, any time!  Especially those eyes in the back of your Mommy’s head – oh my, no.  Didn’t you tell me you had already heard that word ‘no’ when you nipped or scratched?  Remember our humans are mysterious creatures, they respond to our slightest mood and always try to make us happy, and try to protect us so we don’t get hurt doing dangerous things.  Take it from me, I have personal experience with how much my Mom tries to keep me safe.  She tells me sometimes that I am a smart kitty, but just too fearless for my own good.  I don’t understand that really ‘cause I like to explore... but honestly, she has had to rescue me a few times.

   They certainly do have special, mysterious powers that we don’t understand though.  My Mom has been telling me ‘no’ for many years, I am almost eleven years old now – and I’ve never really figured out why she says I shouldn’t do something.  You are certainly correct, sometimes my Mom can be in her office working, and suddenly I get a hankering to explore the kitchen counter where I am not supposed to be; I might find a pencil, just laying there near our grocery list, and I start playing with it and pushing it around.  Suddenly I hear: ‘Chessie, are you on the counter?  What are you doing?’  And it’s her tone of voice that means – she already knows the answer!  As soon as I hear her coming to investigate, I’m quick to jump down and sit on the floor, swishing my tail and looking all innocent with just a hint of a Cheshire cat smile on my face.

   I guess Frankie, there is just no explanation for the special powers of our Moms... one of the mysteries of life – sort of like a cat’s purr.  Humans don’t really understand how we make that blissful sound and we don’t really understand their powers of intuition.  Our world is a mysterious place, but its fun to test the limits of those powers sometimes too!

Think I’ll investigate the kitchen for a while, catch up later, Chessie

No comments:

Post a Comment