9/24/2014

Awww, Do I Have To Go? (Vet) by Frankie

Hey Chess,

   In my letter about my first vet visit, I said I was 8 lbs, but that was right after I got to my new home. Now that I've been here for a while eating so much yummy food, I've been growing by leaps and bounds. Now I'm right around 10 lbs and still not slowing down. Mommy did adjust my food a little but I still get canned and dry everyday, just not as much. She makes sure I get some kitten nutrition as well as the yummy adult flavors so I grow up happy and strong. Mommy did some research online about Bengal cats, and it said that males (that would be me) get to be approximately 10-15 lbs. That means I'll be a BIG boy when I'm fully grown.


   Back to the vet's I go for the second time... A few weeks later mommy needed to take me back to the vet cause I had a sore spot on my back foot. She saw it before but it looked healed over from a while back, somehow (I played & licked at it) it reopened and got all yucky. She tried to clean it up and put a bandage on but after a few days it only got worse. I was gonna need something more, so the vet gave me antibiotics to get this taken care of. I really liked this vet, he was different from Dr E. There was just something I liked about him, maybe it was how he smelled or petted me. I let him know I liked him a lot by purring very loudly and licking his hand. He laughed and scratched me behind the ears saying I was a very nice kitty.


   Anyway, before we could leave we had to get the antibiotics from the nurse. So while I was in the waiting room, a big dog - yellow lab? - came up to my carrier and started to sniff at me. I smacked at her with my paw through the mesh screen and let her know I thought she was rude. She just stared at me like she didn't understand then looked at my mommy. Mommy pet her and said "It's OK sweetie, I guess Frankie just doesn't like doggies." I looked at her and said 'RUDE doggies mommy, I don't like rude doggies.' My favorite vet came around the corner and called the dog by her name and said "come on, lets go home". It figures, he's a dog person. I guess I should try to be nicer next time since she does belong to him and he is my favorite. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment