9/29/2014

People Talk by Chessie

Frankie, my friend!

   Got another question for you – do you use human words when you talk to your Mom?  I have learned to say a few simple things that sound like the words my Mom says and it takes her ‘over the moon’ as she says, when we have other people in the house and I choose to talk in front of them.  I don’t know what the big deal is, but it seems to mean a lot to everyone else; they act like I am strange to make these human sounds... but whatever.

   I first realized as a young kitten that Mom referred to herself as ‘mom’ when talking with me.  So I decided, when she was ignoring me, talking with someone else here in the house, to call out to her: “Mee-om!”  Works every time!  Everyone stops to listen, some people ask Mom if there is a young child in the house and she shakes her head – no – and laughs!  I can say a few other things too:   Ya know that funny sound – maybe it came from a cartoon show – ‘rut-row’ that some people say?  Well, I can do a similar sound that is like a growl except it is   ‘hut-oh’ – Mom says its my hello ‘cause I only use it when people I know arrive at my house to visit me.  Only special people get my special greeting ‘cause I’m happy to see them.

   Frankie, don’t tell anyone, but I know a bunch of other words too, and I practice them when Mom isn’t around.  Some day I’ll share a few more special words with you.  In the meantime, listen to the words your Mom uses and practice saying them, when she’s not around.

   Fun, fun!  Chessie

No comments:

Post a Comment