9/03/2014

My First Vet Visit by Frankie

Hey Chessie,

   I keep forgetting to write to you about my first vet visit, like I said I would. OK, here goes...


   On my first visit I weighed in at 8.3 lbs and I saw Dr E (it's what I'll call her for short). She said I seem to be healthy and not anywhere near too thin. Guess with all the food your mommy gave me it kept me full. The nurse took me in a back room so she could get a sample of blood to run the usual tests. Then came time for all the shots (rabies, distemper, etc) It wasn't so bad, just pinched a little. The doctors office was really nice, so many different kinds of new smells, and things to look at. I was a bit nervous at first, but I stayed on my best behaviour, Dr E even said so. After the poking and prodding, all the nurses wanted to see me, cause I was such a good and quite little boy, plus they thought I was such a cutie.


   On this visit, the nurse that took my blood used some of it for the Feline Leukemia test, unfortunately it wasn't taken correctly (it was her 1st time doing the test). We all make mistakes sometimes, but it came up as a false-positive. Dr E said we'd have to do it over again, and the second test was negative, Woo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment