9/26/2014

Whisker Tricks by Chessie

Good morning Frankie!

   I’m getting a late start this morning… Mom tried to sleep in a bit later, and so that meant she wasn’t getting up to feed me my breakfast. It was the first coolish morning, and we had the windows open. Good sleeping weather, so we were all snuggled into the covers on the bed, but as it became dawn’s early light, I got a rumble in my tummy and I wanted my breakfast.

   I walked around Mom a couple of times – over her pillow, onto her shoulder and even tried to snuggle against her arm – all the while purring, of course = loudly! Mom just burrowed into the covers and said: “Chessie, let me sleep a while longer!” So l had to resort to ‘the secret weapon’ – whiskers! Tickling – with my whiskers – it works every time! I just quietly sit and move up toward her face and snuffle around a bit in her hair – I like the smell of her shampoo… but then I move my face along near her face and my long, thick whiskers start to tickle my Mom’s nose. My whiskers are one of my best features, even if I do say so myself. I tickle her face – no one, especially my Mom, can resist a tickle! It only takes a minute or so and she announces: “Okay, Chessie, I give up! I’m awake, let’s get up and get us some breakfast!” I can see her smile, she thinks I’m funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment