9/08/2014

Flowers by Chessie

G’day Frankie!

   Hope you are enjoying these lovely days of late summer.  I was asleep in my comfy chair when I realized that the computer was not being used, so I thought I would write you a quick note... my Mom has been spending lots of time in the garden working with the flowers and shrubs... she cuts off some of the flowers and brings them into the house and puts them in a big, tall glass filled with water.  I like to drink lots of water, always have, so sometimes I will try to take a drink from what the flowers have been placed in.


   I usually get sidetracked though and sniff the flowers to find out why they are in water and not still in the garden.  I can usually catch a whiff of the lovely perfume smell when they are in the garden and the windows are open, but in the house – right under my nose -  it is heavenly.  So sweet smelling.


   Sometimes I try to pull out a blossom that I particularly like and nibble the petals.  That makes Mom crazy ‘cause then I get pollen all over my face... why does that matter?  Then I smell good too.  She has to wash the pollen off my face, but that’s okay, I like having my face washed with a warm, soapy terry washcloth. I don’t know why Mom brings the sweet, pretty flowers in the house for us to enjoy, if I can’t sniff them too and play with the petals.  Sometimes our Mom’s have funny ideas.


   Uh oh, I think I hear her coming to her office... later,

Chessie

No comments:

Post a Comment