9/05/2014

Garden Monster by Chessie

Frankie,

   I must tell you about the very strange animal in my yard.  I have never seen anything quite like it... and I can’t imagine what kind of animal it could be.  Maybe you will know because you did spend some brief time in our yard last spring before you went to your new home.  I noticed it earlier in the summer.

   A man sits on top of it – it is quite large and it makes the most awful growling noise – very loud and fearsome!  And it is like a humongous bumble bee - all yellow and black.  The man rides on top of it and it moves very fast twirling and running and spinning all over the yard, maybe trying to toss the man off it’s back.  Then it stops for a short time, and it stops growling and the man gets off it and takes a big scoop on its back and empties it into a bag and then he gets back on and it starts to growl fearsomely again.

   Sometimes it comes very, very close to my sunny room window and I can smell the sharp tang of it’s fumes and dust with grass – I love the smell of grass!  But when the man riding the beast sees me sitting close at the window watching it roar around my yard – he laughs at my fearlessness!  I am not afraid of it, no siree,  but I am glad that I am safe behind the glass window and that I don’t have to ride that big, growling yellow monster.  Have you ever seen anything like that?

   I’m going to take a nap because it’s quiet again, later, Chessie.

No comments:

Post a Comment