9/10/2014

Night Time Activities by Chessie

Frankie,

   I have a question for you – since you are young and inquisitive.  Does your Mom watch you sleep?  Oh wait, of course she does, ‘cause my Mom told me she’s seen pictures on your Blog of you all curled up in a little furry ball.


   Anyway, have you ever watched your Mom when she’s asleep?  I do it sometimes in the middle of the night when I’m bored and I want my Mom to get up and play with me.  I’ll just sit on the edge of the table by the bed where she sleeps, or sometimes I even sit on her bed, in the corner – up close to her head.  I’m patient.  I watch her sleep.  I’ll sit there for quite some time, but eventually staring at her wakes her up and when she opens her eyes to see the clock – I pounce.


   I’ll snuggle against Mom’s head and purr – I’m so happy she’s awake, she laughs and says ‘Stop, I can’t breathe!’  She turns her face the other way and I run to her other side – and do it again. It’s fun!  Of course, its more serious business when she tries to sleep in her bed at first light in the morning; that’s when I’m hungry and I want my breakfast!


   I start moving around looking behind the window blinds, checking for the critters that move about in the yard in the very early morning light.  I run from window to window to see if the deer, or even the pretty fox is in my yard.  All the banging of the window blinds sometimes wakes Mom, but other times I have to go back to her bed and sit quietly and stare at her until she gets up and feeds me my breakfast.  She has to get up very early – at first light – ‘cause by then I’ve worked up an appetite from prowling around the house and sitting and watching Mom sleep in the dark.


   Try it sometime and see what you you think, Chessie

No comments:

Post a Comment